By BRIAN BINGAMAN via thereporteronline.com
Blue Mountain, 1660 Blue Mountain Drive, near Palmerton, (610) 826-7700, www.skibluemt.com. Open since 1977, Blue Mountain has what www.visitpa.com declares is the highest vertical in Pennsylvania, plus a half pipe and two terrain parks. Highlights on Blue Mountain’s busy events calendar include:
– A live broadcast by “Partridge Family” kid-turned bad boy celebrity boxer-turned morning radio host Danny Bonaduce, Feb. 26.
– Regular NASTAR recreational slalom racing for all ages. Medals are awarded. Get two runs for $5 or unlimited runs for $15.
– The Milham Kids Cup Race for ages 5-17 on Feb. 10.
– The Happy Hour Rail Jam, Feb. 11.
– The Mack Bulldog Challenge double slalom race, Feb. 13.